Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Countdown to Spring: The Shoveling Has Taken its Toll

Despite an inviting bright blue sky and temperatures warming into the low 30s again, I didn't venture outside today.  I would normally take a walk once the temperature gets into the mid 20s, but the only reason shoes were on my feet were to keep them warm.

Cold, tired and achy was my mantra for this Wednesday.  With only rare moments of activity, I lived under the comforters.  Cats were encouraged to join me because they're little 101°F furry rocks that increase the warmth without turning up the house heat.

I blame shoveling snow in the cold and damp.  Rest, fluids and ibuprofen for another day, and then ...

I go buy seeds for early indoor planting.  Go ahead and let that thought work on your spring fever for a bit.

Only 37 days until spring.

Click here to view the next entry


No comments: