Saturday, February 28, 2015

Countdown to Spring: Goodbye, February

“It’s the end … but the moment has been prepared for.”
final words of the 4th Doctor from the Doctor Who episode “Logopolis”

And this final moment of February 2015 has been prepared for with a rousing 
“Yee-Hah” 
from me.

February has felt longer than its 28 days this year.  It was snowier and colder than it should have been. I don’t know that it’s really been that much worse than other Februarys in my lifetime, but it ranks somewhere in the top 10 of the most unpleasant of them.  I’m certainly not going to miss it when it’s gone.

I look forward to March being warmer, although perhaps not right away.  I look forward to seeing the piles of snow disappear, leaving only browns with touches of new green growth that will eventually dominate the landscape.  That’s the seasonal cycle and I don’t expect it’s going to change this year.

I have some not so pleasant words to describe this ending second month of the year as well, but I’m sure people can guess what they are without me writing them.  I will simply finish by saying ...

Goodbye, February – it’s been real, but it hasn’t been fun.

Only 20 days until spring.

Click here to view the next entry

No comments: