Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Countdown to Spring: Be Careful What You Challenge

I have some rules.  Don't challenge anything bigger than you unless you have a real chance of winning and not getting the snot kicked out of you is one of them.  Sadly, I forgot that when I challenged February to get its last licks in.  It hit -8°F this morning, which is actually the coldest I've seen on my thermometer all season.  No hot or cold water in my kitchen presently, although I suspect that will change for the better as the temperature rises.  It's presently +10°F and it's supposed to go into the 20s as the day goes by.

Dear February, I didn't mean for you to take that challenge so literally.  I did say earlier that I knew winter wasn't done with us yet and I meant that, so I am aware of how ferocious you can be.  My apologies for offending the potentiality of your 28 days.

But, you're still out of here come Saturday.

Only 24 days until spring.

Click here to view next entry

No comments: