Monday, February 09, 2015

Countdown to Spring: Once More, Twice More into the Storm

It's sort of like the mantra for hair washing of rinse, lather, repeat.  Only it's dress, exit, shovel, re-enter, dry off, get warm, repeat.  I shoveled snow at 5:30 this morning, when there was about 4-5" on the ground.  I didn't do a thorough job because it was still coming down at a good clip.  I came in, got warmed up, then went out again at 7:30 and shoveled another 3-4" from the same places I removed it from before.  It was like a snowy déjà vu.

And it's still coming down at a decent pace, even though the forecast is only for 1-3" of the white stuff today.  I don't mean to be a doubting Thomasina, but I think they're trying to give us false hope.

My neighbor drove by on his way to work.  I asked, "When is this supposed to stop, and don't tell me spring."  He smiled and replied, "Not soon enough."
He was right.

Anybody got any liniment?

Only 39 days to spring.

Click here to view the next entry

No comments: