Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Countdown to Spring: The Aftermath of Linus

Whose brilliant idea was it to name a storm the same as a beloved Peanuts TM character, hmm?  I actually know the answer to that question, don’t agree with the choice to name winter storms and said business entity will not be mentioned here.  Only one trademark symbol per blog entry, thank you.  Regardless, it had me humming the piano piece associated with the character a few times while I watched the snow fall yesterday.  I normally measure total snowfall at the end, but was so tired of shoveling by that point that I just didn’t care anymore.  I know it was around a foot of fairly lightweight snow, the equivalent of an inch of rain, give or take.  Pardon my inner weather geek for that bit of trivia.

I can’t remember whether I shoveled four or five times yesterday, I lost track.  I shoveled that frequently to stay ahead of the job so that I wasn’t dealing with a huge pile of snow to move off and away from the car and off my porch and pavers at the end of it all.  Much as I’m in better physical shape than I was this same time last year, I have no desire to visit the local emergency room as a snow shoveling-induced heart attack victim. 

I did manage to frost-nip my fingers the second time out because I didn’t wear gloves – bad Lauren.  The lateral epicondylitis, so-called tennis elbow, that set in as a result of digging out three snowstorms ago, also wasn’t improved by yesterday’s workouts.  This, too, shall pass given time, rest, some doses of a nice anti-inflammatory drug, and a little less shoveling.

Ya hear me, sky bears?

Only 45 days until spring.

Click here to view the next entry

No comments: