Sunday, September 13, 2015

Countdown to Fall – When it Rains …

While for the most part it’s over, it rained last night and I do mean rained.  As I write this, I think it’s still raining very lightly.  Either that or water is dripping off trees and hitting the top roof right now.
 
While it let up a few times, for the most part, it downpoured from the slow moving storm system that passed through.  I checked online a short time ago for an approximate precipitation total for my area and AccuWeather is estimating at least 4” inches of rain fell locally between Saturday 6AM and now.  That sounds about right based on what I was hearing and seeing during the night.  I miss my rain gauge, though.
 
Talk about making up for lost time. While a lot of it will be runoff, it was still a good soaking and our drought status has definitely been taken down a peg or two.  Now, maybe we can get back to the normal season at hand.
 
Only 10 days until Fall.







No comments: