Sunday, March 08, 2015

Countdown to Spring: This is What I Wanted – I Think

It took a while today, with snow flurries, then sun, then flurries, then sun, then both, followed by clouds.  But the clouds parted and the day got sunny – and warmer.  Mid-40s beats single digits hands down.

But, one of the other downsides to March reared its head today and as a result, I wasn’t up to appreciating all the thawing great outdoors had to offer.  Allergies.  Yes, fellow sufferers, I can relate.  Because it’s kicking in now, with warmer temperatures and melting snow and ice rather than grass and trees apparent, it’s likely mold. 

I wasn’t prepared.  The swift histamine buildup didn’t just cause scratchy eyes and nasal snuffling, it also caused coughing, wheezing and body aches.  Since there’s no fever, it’s not the flu.  It might be a cold, but I have my doubts because of the wheezing.

I spent most of the day in bed looking out the window at the sunny day and melting snow.  Tomorrow, I will stock up on antihistamine and renew my inhaler prescription which doesn’t normally get used until May.  I refuse to let this keep me from enjoying the gorgeous weather coming up this week.

Only 12 days until spring.

Click here to view the next entry

No comments: