Friday, March 20, 2015

Countdown to Spring: The Final Entry

Well, I could have taken my last walk of winter this morning, since it didn’t start to snow here until around 2 PM.  It's still lightly snowing as I type this, although it's hard to say how much we've actually gotten so far since most of it has melted on contact.  Let's say an inch for the sake of argument.  Roads are clear, no plow or sander required.  It's basically sticking to trees, plants and formerly bare earth.  It likely won’t be sticking around long, though, since the weekend temperatures are supposed to be in the 40s and 50s.

So, spring has finally and officially arrived and that brings this series to an end.  It was a mental and creative challenge to maintain daily entries and, in fact, I missed posting 6 out of the total 47 days.  It’s a discipline that as a hobbyist writer I have yet to master, but I gave it a good try.

I’d like to thank the handful of folks who stuck it out right to the end.  I don’t know whether you were there in support of me or out of curiosity as to what boring topic I’d write about next.  However, the fact that somebody showed up daily to read it actually helped me to continue my self-imposed writing quest.  Thank you.  It was much appreciated.


So, whether there are still remnants of winter in your neighborhood, or whether they’ve all disappeared and you’re starting to see lots of evidence that winter has left the building, even if there’s never any snow or cold where you live, spring has returned. 

Get out there and enjoy it.

No comments: