Thursday, March 21, 2019

Countdown to Spring - Well, We Made It

It was my intention to do a post yesterday on the last walk of winter and the first walk of spring, noting how it's so unusual to be able to do them both on the same day because spring started so late in the afternoon (5:58 PM EDST). 

However, I was sick yesterday with a fever that ultimately got to 104°F, sore throat, body aches, and feeling more than a bit tired.  Sounds a lot like flu, doesn't it?  But since I had the flu shot, med folks (yes, I did see my doctor, thank you) are loathe to call it that three-letter f-word without testing and nobody, including yours truly, wanted to jump the extra hoop.  So, stick a fork in it and  call it a 'flu-like illness' instead.  My apologies to any co-workers who were exposed to whichever it was.  I'm feeling much better today, with fever broken, sore throat and body aches just about nonexistent, and a lot more life in my swamp. 

But, I'm taking it easy for an extra 24 hours, and not taking a walk in the rain that is presently coming down at my location.  So my first walk of spring, and the subsequent blog entry, will likely be tomorrow or Saturday, whenever it stops raining.

See you then.

Happy Spring.

No comments: