Thursday, April 10, 2014

Too Much Time on my Hands

A discussion with someone yesterday keeps prompting this philosophical wax-covered riddle to run through my brain like the tune "Three Blind Mice".

if ignorance is bliss
and knowledge is power
but power corrupts
where is the middle ground
when the knowledge is easily accessible
and one's own curiosity is insatiable?

I feel like I'm going to have a breakthrough moment like that person in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" who figured out the answer right before the planet got destroyed.  That would be my timing.

No, no herbs were smoked, no alcohol consumed, no peyote popped, no pills ingested to bring this on.  It's pure, unadulterated absurdity of my own making on a Thursday.  Imagine what Friday's going to be like.

Three blind mice, three blind mice, see how they run, see how they run ....

No comments: