Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Seed companies are evil.

Okay, they're not really evil, but the marketing strategy of sending out next year's seed catalogue at the beginning of December preys upon the green-deprived consumer, aka me, to such a degree that the once under control withdrawal symptoms from seasonal plant growth loss blossomed once more, every pun intended.

Park Seed Company's catalogue was the first to arrive and it won't be the last. All the perfect little plants on every page, the flowers at their perkiest, the vegetables at their most perfect color and shape, the fruits at their ideal juicy ripeness. And that mini-greenhouse that calls me every year has been improved and is really starting to look like it might fit in my budget -- mmm, greenhouse.

No, no, no !! Evil !! E-vil, I say !!

Yet, I cannot look away because that just makes me look out at a brown and grey New York in December world. Those colorful 135 pages of seed and plant buying fun are calling me like a lover to the garden bed ... and didn't that just take me back to a piece of my life's story that will never be published here.

(*insert naughty giggle*)

I hope somebody's giving me a gift certificate for this place this year.

Evil.

No comments: