Thursday, March 02, 2017

Countdown to Spring - The First Windy Day of March

With the passage of the cold front and its associated storm, the winds were very noticeable today, gusting up to 20 MPH and beyond.  Nothing like last Saturday's little tree and power line dropper, though.  I'd get out one of my kites, but I haven't had the time lately to even consider kite-flying.

The temperatures sank from the really nice 62°F yesterday evening to 42°F now and, of course, tonight's temperatures are going to be more like they should be for early March in my area.  The weekend, as promised, will barely get out of the 20s during the day and is promised to be in the 10s at night.  It's not forecast to stay at that level of chill for very long, but long enough to require reluctant return to wearing a winter coat again.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the vernal equinox – can you tell?

Only 18 days until Spring.


No comments: