Sunday, February 28, 2021

Countdown to Spring - Snowmelt, Baby, Snowmelt

We had snow again early on Friday.  I didn't whine or complain.  Why?  After several days of not getting out of the 20s during the day and being in the teens and even single digits a couple of times at night, we were graced this last week with 40s, 50s, and even one day when it hit 60.  The snow we had on Friday managed to total 3", but it was immediately compressed and then gone thanks to rain and above freezing temperatures.  I happily shoveled a half-inch of slush off my deck and walkway just to speed the process of making it go away.


As I looked outside today, the area around trees and bushes is down to bare ground for a circumference of anywhere from 1 to 3 feet.  There's life in that there plant-life!  Looking closer, the actual snow depth in general, save for where it was shoveled to from the previous snowstorms, is only about 2-3".  With our temperatures forecast again to be in the 40s and 50s for the first week of March, we might be down to mostly bare ground by the end of the week.  My apologies to any snow lovers, but I am very much looking forward to that, and may have to do a Snoopy dance when it happens.  Yeah, I may be 63, overweight and have arthritis, but I can still manage to look that silly.  Spring fever will do that.


Only 20 days until spring.

No comments: