Sunday, February 14, 2021

Countdown to Spring - I Take it Back (Sort of)

Okay, I am officially over February, over winter, over shoveling, etc. etc., etc.  After our 18" of dry fluffy snow, we had another 5" of slightly heavier snow last week.  We're expecting another 3-8" of snow tomorrow into Tuesday, with the possibility of ice on top of it all, followed on Thursday by snow and possibly freezing rain, with rain on Friday to make a lovely mess of it all.


If Mother Nature is trying to try my patience, it's working.  I know we've been fortunate in that, except for the 15" snowstorm in December, we didn't have anything until February.  I didn't have to sweep or shovel, didn't have to throw de-icer down until this month.  However, it seems to be making up for lost time in terms of the frequency and amounts we're getting and predicted to get, not to mention we're getting into the messier winter weather as the slightly warmer temperatures start to creep in.  I know, it's a seasonal process and one we go through, for better or worse, every year.  I understand it.  It doesn't mean I have to like it.


However, as I look out the window at bushes and trees, I see evidence of their awakening from their winter slumber in the form of leaf buds.  I also hear some of the birds doing some territorial singing as well.  Granted that they're year-round residents and will have to re-stake their claims once the migrating birds return.  But these little reminders of warmer, greener days to come are most welcome and will keep me going as I pitch said forecasted snow off my deck over the upcoming week.


Only 34 days until Spring.

No comments: